Engineering Supervisor Initial
This course is designed to train persons who have been nominated by their line manager/sponsor to enable them to attain the Engineering Supervisor (ES) competence. The ES competence is required to be held by anyone who is required to set up and manage a worksite within an engineering possession on the rail infrastructure under the direction of a Person in Charge of Possession (PICOP). This includes the management of on and off-tracking On Track Plant (OTP) and train movements within the designated worksite. The ES course will take delegates through the procedures as set out in the Rule Book; Handbook 12 (Duties of the engineering supervisor) and Handbook 13 (Duties of the person in charge of the siding). The course includes the importance of using the correct communication protocols and adopting the appropriate behaviours to be able to carry out this role safely and effectively.
Course Length: 2 Days
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with the skills and underpinning knowledge required to undertake Engineering Supervisor duties in line with the Engineering Supervisor unit of competence.
Primary Objectives At the end of the training the delegate will be able to: Developed an understanding of what is required to be in charge of a work-site within a possession: to establish, maintain and give up work-sites and authorise the movement of trains into or within the work- site.
Requirements Pre-requisites & Requirements
The following requirements must be met for the course to run to Network Rail Standards:
- Delegates must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS (not under learning support), and full IWA or COSS.
- Meet the relevant medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Medical Fitness (see Appendix A of Standard for further information).
- Have a good level of literacy to meet Entry Qualifications.
- Meet the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol).
Upon successful completion the candidates Sentinel Card will be endorsed with probationary ES